A Catapulting Moment
As the second semester passed by, the designing software grew on me. I was now a second year student who had recently got familiar with the TV series famous around the globe. I watched tons of movies and series and photoshoped any time I got between them, trying new tools, tweaking settings, getting to know it better.
Some of my earlier designs include:
I saw a stock image on the web and tried to give a shot at making a replica. Got to say I impressed myself that day.
Being a college student, I also got to know this game they played here - Counter Strike. I took the first name that popped in my mind and riveted it as my gaming alias.
Now that I see it, it has come a long way indeed. This took me 2 hours and a half probably, given I was still about to bloom as an ardent PS user.
This is the one I am personally proud of. As I plunged into my now what I liked to call "New hobby", I thought I should have a logo too. I sketched many, few felt to go on with, but this one made it to my ps tab.
Took me a few days, as far as I recall, to nudge the final design and add certain embellishing elements that were, as I felt, necessary for its fetching debut in world of internet! Then my eye caught this minimal "Empty Room" wallpaper. And this is what I came up with at last.
The font I used for this logo was "Birth of a Hero". Now that I think of it, no other would have been more appropriate (*wink*)! This was indeed a well established inception of my aspiration to be just good (and not more) at Photoshop.
The reflections in the mirrors don't quite seem right though!
Now comes to the part where I explain the post heading. While I was still enraptured by the beauty and immense power the mere 1.5GB pack of software yields I was tipped that the organizers of an upcoming event in the college campus required poster designers. The volunteers were to produce a piece on the event just to make sure they can design a good poster.
It was a sweet card dealt to me by fate. I began eyeing various sites for some innovative designs, graphics, video tutorials,etc. so as to get an idea to begin with. I designed it. I myself wasn't satisfied but there was a deadline to follow. Turns out they didn't have many choices and their luck with "quality designers" had ran out. So I hopped on the designing team getting an "at-least-better-than-previous-ones" remark on the crammed and loud artwork I had presented. Anyhow, I was in!
Some of my earlier designs include:
I saw a stock image on the web and tried to give a shot at making a replica. Got to say I impressed myself that day.
Being a college student, I also got to know this game they played here - Counter Strike. I took the first name that popped in my mind and riveted it as my gaming alias.
Now that I see it, it has come a long way indeed. This took me 2 hours and a half probably, given I was still about to bloom as an ardent PS user.
This is the one I am personally proud of. As I plunged into my now what I liked to call "New hobby", I thought I should have a logo too. I sketched many, few felt to go on with, but this one made it to my ps tab.
Took me a few days, as far as I recall, to nudge the final design and add certain embellishing elements that were, as I felt, necessary for its fetching debut in world of internet! Then my eye caught this minimal "Empty Room" wallpaper. And this is what I came up with at last.
The font I used for this logo was "Birth of a Hero". Now that I think of it, no other would have been more appropriate (*wink*)! This was indeed a well established inception of my aspiration to be just good (and not more) at Photoshop.
The reflections in the mirrors don't quite seem right though!
Now comes to the part where I explain the post heading. While I was still enraptured by the beauty and immense power the mere 1.5GB pack of software yields I was tipped that the organizers of an upcoming event in the college campus required poster designers. The volunteers were to produce a piece on the event just to make sure they can design a good poster.
It was a sweet card dealt to me by fate. I began eyeing various sites for some innovative designs, graphics, video tutorials,etc. so as to get an idea to begin with. I designed it. I myself wasn't satisfied but there was a deadline to follow. Turns out they didn't have many choices and their luck with "quality designers" had ran out. So I hopped on the designing team getting an "at-least-better-than-previous-ones" remark on the crammed and loud artwork I had presented. Anyhow, I was in!





Comments
Post a Comment