Pushing ahead
This one, nothing about it. Just a stock asset; nudged it a bit with colors, nothing fancy. Let's move on.
It was a weekend afternoon I recall. This beast took me 4 hours or so from the inception of the idea to adding the final embellishments. I call it so due to the extensiveness of the resources I put in the design. It is a collage of vast assets, I just put them there together. Nonetheless, it gave me a sense of accomplishment anyway. Here it is -
"Rising from Hell".
I put flares, glares, blur, smoke, fire and spark elements and what not in it. Oh hey, there's dust too at the ceiling I suppose. It was a good effort I can say.
The next one was drafted in a moment of fling. Here I was browsing my wallpaper collection and these two just seemed to me - "wanted to blend together" badly. So just like that I opened PS and got on it. She looks pretty, to me at least.
There's an incident about it. Last year, in December, my little brother was browsing my laptop when he came across this gal. He told me that her hand looked peculiar. I told him that I edited it to be so, not that indiscernible edit I thought.
Later he told me it was her right one, the human - hand, he was talking about. "Looks a bit crooked to me", he said. Made my day!
Ambigrams. They sure intrigue me. Creating one from scratch was tough. Believe me, spent 2 days on that before I gave up, took the easy way. I searched online for how would my name look if it was rotationally symmetric. The sites asked to pay if I wanted to download the "high resolution images".
I wasn't gonna do that. I was all "Bro, challenge accepted" instead. I referred to the low resolution (by low here I mean barely icon sized and that too with heavy watermarking) and designed my way up to the higher resolutions. Then I decided to give it an ancient scroll look. Took me a day this. Totally worth it!
Here's the symmetry I was talking about!
P.S.: You know name right, it's Tushar Turkar. Used my first name in the one above.







Comments
Post a Comment